According to PTA, it is mandatory for the user of any telecom operator SIM card, either prepaid or postpaid, to get his/her SIM verified via biometric verification system. The easy method to verify your SIM by biometric system is given below:
SIM Verification Process by Biometric Verification System:
- By sending CNIC number without dashes to 668, check total number of SIMs against a CNIC.
- A message will be received about the details of the count of SIMs on all mobile operators registered on the particular CNIC number.
- Visit the nearest service center, franchise or retail outlet of the telecom operator.
- The original CNIC must be carried along with.
- Give the thumb impression for biometric verification of your SIM.
- After verifying your SIM, a list of SIMs will be displayed registered against your CNIC via SMS.
- Keep the SIMs with you by Biometric verification that you want to. While those SIMs that do not belong to you can be blocked.
After you’ve verified, Must check, If your SIM is Successfully Verified or Not.
Terms & Conditions for SIM Re-Verification:
- Each and every SIM will have to be verified by BVS.
- When going for SIM re-verification, original CNIC must be kept along with.
- A maximum of 5 SIMs can be owned by one individual on single CNIC.
- Cellular operators will be free to re-sell SIMs to anyone after 180 days of SIMs getting blocked.
- All mobile phone users will have to pay Rs. 10 per CNIC for re-verification of SIMs of each operator.